The Jedi Conduct Guidelines
"There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
The peace and justice of the Galaxy will be guarded, and all life in any form is and will be respected.
For my ally is the Force, and I use its powers to serve and protect the innocent from evil. I seek
goodness, and defend it from the Dark Side. I have dedicated my life to the Truth, I am the Light -
I am JEDI" - The Jedi Code
1. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defence, never for attack. Your lightsaber cannot
solve problems, only prevent them. Seek peaceful solutions.
2. A Jedi uses the Force to serve the Galaxy and its people. Helping them and protecting them
from harm, evil and lies of the Dark Side.
3. Power, fame or fortune we seek not. A Jedi is concerned about the welfare of others, rather
than personal gains, benefits, feelings or interests. Sometimes, wealth or power is needed to achieve
the Jedi's goals. Money is required for the purchase of goods; power is required to obtain the help
of others. To achieve one's goals, a Jedi may obtain wealth or power, but is never interested in it for
its own sake, and will surrender it once those goals are achieved.
4. Adventure.. excitement.. a Jedi craves not these things.
5. Be mindful about your feelings. Fear, anger, agression.. to the Dark Side they lead to, and the Dark
side leads to destruction. Fear leads to anger.. anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering. Suffering for
yourself and those arround you.. and eventually, the rest of the Galaxy.
6. Beware of the Dark Side. Hard to see the Dark Side is, it is tempting. Quick, easy at first, but a trap
it is. Corrupting, evil. Once you start down the Dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. For the
Light Side, patience you need. Control. Peace and harmony it is.
7. A Jedi seeks knowledge through the training of spirit and mind.
8. A Jedi have a calm and peaceful mind. To use the Force, the Jedi must remain at harmony with it. To act
in dissonance depletes one's power. Don't center on your anxiety... Keep your concentration here and now
where it belongs.
9. Be mindful of the living Force and the unifying Force.
10. killing is wrong. When you kill, you commit a crime against the Force. Though you may know that you do
so for the greater good, and the greater good justifies your act, you must also know that the death remains as
a stain upon your spirit. To kill is wrong. Yet it is sometimes necessary to kill. The Jedi may kill in self defense
or the defense of others. You may only kill if by doing so, life is preserved.
11. The Force is a powerfull ally. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous
beings are we... not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you... me... the tree...
the rock... everywhere!
back to main